Both cameras share the same sensor and as a result have nearly identical image quality.
Reasons you may want to consider a T3i over a T2i
- Flip out LCD Screen
- Wireless Flash Commander – Ability to fire external flashes not connected to the camera
- Digital Video Zoom – This is different from the horrible digital zoom of most cameras and offers 3-10x zoom at no loss of quality.
- In camera rating of images (adding stars) and some post processing features added to RAW files
Reasons you may want to consider the T2i
- Tight budget – T2i currently selling for less
- A bit smaller and lighter – though not significantly
Bottom line – The T3i offers a good bit more value, at a slight cost increase, but only if those features listed above appeal to you. And carefully consider the future, will they at some point ?
Other cameras to consider –
Nikon D3100, Nikon D5100, Canon 60D, Nikon D7000, Canon 7D – Thoughts on those
Want to be a better photographer? Become a Photorec.tv Member! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library the support group and more!
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.