My Video Review of the Canon 6D vs Canon 70D (Crop vs Full Frame)
Canon 6D Full-Frame 20MP, 4.5FPS, 1080p, GPS, WiFi
A full frame DSLR with Canon lenses for just a bit over $1799 is really nice!
Reasons to buy the Canon 6D (Landscape, Portrait Photographers, Wedding)
- Much larger sensor (more than 2.5x larger than the 7D Mark II)
- Higher sensitivity and better low-light performance
- Wi-Fi capability
- GPS functionality
- HDR function
- Smaller and lighter
Reasons to buy the Canon 7D Mark II (Sports and Wildlife Photographers)
- Fast burst rate 10fps vs 4.5fps of the 6D
- VERY FAST AF system with more cross-type focus points
- Faster maximum shutter speed (1/8000sec vs 1/4000sec)
- Crop sensor gives you more zoom with the same lens compared to 6D (or any full frame camera)
Reasons to buy the 5D Mark III (Landscape, Portrait Photographers, Wedding)
- Jack of all trades
- Fast enough focus for some sports
- Confident wedding work with clean high ISO and solid focusing capabilities in low light
- Good video features expandable to great with the use of Magic Lantern
- Cheapest Full Frame option bought used
- Robust camera with decent high ISO performance
Buy the Canon 5D Mark II from Amazon
Have a question about one of these cameras? I would be happy to answer. Join my support group, get fast access to your photography questions and access my video library for just $5/mo. Access the support group.
Want to be a better photographer? Become a Photorec.tv Member! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library the support group and more!
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.