Follow all SL1 News on Facebook
Along with the barely updated Canon T5i (700D) Canon announced the Rebel SL1, a slimmed down version of the T4i and now T5i cameras.
It is the internals of the T5i/T4i with a few differences
- 80% coverage of AF in Live View, this is an increase and should make live view focusing better, not necessarily faster, just better.
- 4fps – max of 7 RAW and 28 JPEGs, this is down from 5fps with 10 RAW in the T4i/T5i
- 9 focus points but only the center focus point is cross type.
- Creative filters can be display in real time during live view shooting
- Background blur display in live view ( I too am curious to know more)
- New Scene Modes- Kids, Food and Candlelight (not present in T4i or T5i)
Externally the camera has a few difference
- Mono mic
- Non-articulating LCD screen
- Multi purpose buttons surrounding the multi purpose SET/Q menu – on the T5i and T4i the button surrounding the set menu are all labeled and the Q button is different.
- Camera does retain all other buttons found on the T4i/T5i cameras.
- It is smaller, a good bit smaller, paired with the 40mm STM lens, this will be quite the tiny powerhouse.
Not sure which will be right for you? The T3i, T5i or the SL1? Send me an email. You can also leave me a message on my FB facebook.com/Digital.Photo.Recommendations. Nice giveaway starting soon, follow my FB page to be notified.
Want to be a better photographer? Become a Photorec.tv Member! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library the support group and more!
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.