Now Shipping priced at $149. Preorder from B&H Photo Video or Adorama. This is going to be a fantastic little walk around prime lens- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for full review (coming next week)
As discussed in an earlier podcast we will see a new EF-S lens from Canon in November, the Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8, It looks identical to the 40mm f/2.8 and I am psyched that Canon is making more of these tiny(and affordable) but excellent lenses. The 40mm is very sharp even wide open . The one change here is the 40mm is EF, compatible with full frame and this 24mm is EF-S, only compatible with crop sensor cameras like the T5i, SL1 and 70D. 24mm on a crop sensor is a wonderful walk around focal length. 24mm * 1.6 = 38mm.
- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 38mm (35mm Equivalent)
- One Aspherical Element
- Optimized Lens Coatings
- STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF
- Micro-Stepping Drive Aperture Mechanism
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Slim Design Measures Less Than 1″-Thick
- shortest shooting distance is 0.16 M (40mm is .3 M)
- maximum magnification is 0.27X
- 22.8 mm thickness Weight 125g (40mm is 22.8 and weighs 130g)
Are you interested? It needs a nickname.
Want to be a better photographer? Become a Photorec.tv Member! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library the support group and more!
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.