I have reviewed and generally been a fan of Eye-fi cards in the past. These are little SD cards that include WiFI capabilities along with modest storage. Last November I shared my setup of their Pro X2 cards for use in 7D Mark II, a camera sadly lacking in any WiFi capabilities. My review of the mobi was less positive. With the mobi every photo you took transferred and for anyone taking more than a few photos this was a serious drain on battery life and something I found unnecessary. I continued to use the Pro X2 cards that required a more complicated setup allowed me easy selective transfer. The newest card in the line up seems to marry the features of the Pro line with the ease of setup of the mobi line.
What does the Mobi Pro offer:
- Cloud-connected WiFi SD card – includes 1yr Eyefi Cloud membership with unlimited photo storage
- Transfer photos to smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac as you take them
- Transfer both RAW, JPEG and video wirelessly at home or on-the-go.
- Selective Transfer
- Send RAW files to your desktop for post-processing with tools like Adobe Lightroom.
Why choose the Mobi SD card over your camera’s built in Wifi?
- RAW Transfer to desktop – This is something I get asked about frequently and few cameras offer image transfer to desktop computers and RAW transfer is even more rare.
Leave a comment if you want to share a thought or different answer on the wifi in our cameras poll.
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.