DJI has announced the Phantom 4 – The first drone with some serious intelligence.
Highlight features of the Phantom 4
- 5 cameras act as the eyes
- On board software constructs a 3d model of the world as it flies
- Uses model to avoid obstacles/crashing.
- More stable hovering
- Tap fly feature smooths out panning movements for smoother cinematic capture
- Combine tap fly plus obstacle avoidance to get shots close smooth shots close to buildings, people without fear of crashing into something/someone.
- Active Track – Trace a circle around your subject – mountain biker, car, runner and the drone will automatically track and keep the subject in frame. – Active track is capable of close flying – just 4-5 feet from subject.
- Sport mode enables 35-45MPH speeds.
- battery life is 28 minutes
$1,399 Available to purchase now from DJI.com and Apple.com
More from The VergeB&H Photo has a landing page for everything that has been announced at Photokina
Want to be a better photographer? Join my Support Group! $5/Month gets you access to my video library, and a group of people interested in helping you grow as a photographer.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel