Canon has announced a new bare bones, entry level DSLR- the Canon EOS Rebel T6 or 1300D in the rest of the world. I almost always recommend buying a previous model- e.g. Canon T5i as a better investment (articulating touchscreen, 5fps vs 3 etc) but the T6 does have one advantage- WiFi/NFC. If you are on a tight budget and you want that connectivity it offers, it might be the best option for you at this price point . Though for just $99 more you can get the Sony a6000 (my Sony a6000 review) with tons more features AND WiFi.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and high-performance DIGIC 4+ Image Processor for excellent speed and quality.
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright light to low light.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- 9 point AF system (including one center cross-type AF point) and AI Servo AF provide impressive autofocus performance with accurate results.
- High-performance Optical Viewfinder helps facilitate quick and accurate focusing by firmly framing and capturing the subject at hand.
- Large, 3.0-inch LCD monitor with 920,000 dots shows fine details and provides easy viewing.
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode simplifies settings for users without extensive photography experience.
- Feature Guide offers short descriptions of shooting modes, settings and effects for easy operation.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode for easy-to-use video capture.
- Continuous shooting up to 3.0 fps to capture action shots.
- Creative options made easy with imaging features like Basic+ and Creative Auto.
- Creative Filters including Toy Camera, Fisheye and Miniature Effect help you capture everything with a new perspective.
- Auto White Balance provides “white priority,” adjusting for the warmer tones under tungsten lighting.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
Buy the Canon T6 from Amazon (available April 15th) $549.00
Want to be a better photographer? Join my Support Group! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library, and a group of people interested in helping you grow as a photographer.
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.