Being one of the industry leaders in Camera Straps BlackRapid has had a bit of experience in what’s worked and what hasn’t in the market. Seven years of development, innovation, and customer interaction have resulted in the new BlackRapid Breathe line of camera straps. Getting away from the neckstrap you get with your camera allows for more flexibility, comfort, and airflow. Especially during long periods of shooting. BlackRapid Breathe is designed to be lighter, more comfortable, easier to use, and most importantly more secure.
So what do you get in this next generation?
- A new shoulder pad design for better weight and position
- Airmesh grip layer to fix the strap to your shoulder and provide ventilation
- Straps now come with the Brad underarm stabilizing strap
(instead of paying another $15)
- Better Duraflex buckles, one of the higher end suppliers
- Springloaded bumper locks secure the camera’s range on the strap
- Hypalon hook up points, the rubber they use to make durable inflatable boats for increased strength
- New connectors with the CR3 (Connect R) and FR5 (Fasten R) as seen right which lock into BlackRapid’s lockstar for a more secure hold on the camera
As for the one complaint most have is the fact that there is only one point of failure in the strap. Meaning if that lock comes loose, that is now secured even more with a bracket finally, your camera will fall. For years I’ve suggested OP/TECH uni-loop and system connectors as a way to connect to the top of the camera from the strap but now BlackRapid offers a tether accessory kit. As my solution is four times cheaper than the $35 tether kit and has buckles if your interested in a backup our recommendation stays the same.
|Curve Breathe||Street Breathe|
|Sport Breathe||Sport Breathe Left|
|Cross Shot Breathe||Backpack Breathe|
|Hybrid Breathe||Double Slim Breathe|
|Hand Strap Breathe||Wrist Strap Breathe|
Want to be a better photographer? Join my Support Group! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library, and a group of people interested in helping you grow as a photographer.
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.