UPDATE 11-23-15 – Amazon and B&H have the BEST deal this week – Ends 11/30.
- Canon EOS 70D DSLR Camera (Body Only) – Just $899 Shop B&H | Shop Amazon
- Canon EOS 70D DSLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 STM Lens – Just $999.00 Shop B&H | Shop Amazon
- Canon EOS 70D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens Video Creator Kit – Just $1249.00 Shop B&H | Shop Amazon
Add spare 55-250 STM lens for just $149!! This is an excellent deal for a versatile zoom lens.
Costco deal is the same but comes with a crummy bag and SD card – The Amazon and B&H accessories are better and if you live outside of NY you don’t have to pay sales tax with B&H Photo
Not sure if the 70D is right for you? My Full Review of the Canon 70D
I am getting lots of questions about the best deal on the 70D – This camera is selling very well and it should. In my review I have found it to be an awesome device for photos and video, perfect blend of features and pro level performance in a reasonably sized and priced package. Watch my Canon 70D Review.
Costco is offering a bundled deal with the Canon 70D – Looks good at first glance but it has a couple of issues:
- You can put this exact same bundle together on Amazon for almost $100 savings!! (scroll down for details)
- The card they are bundling STRUGGLES TO SUPPORT the higher bit rate video files the 70D is capable of producing and slows down quickly when shoot RAW. See my full test chart of SD cards in 70D. Or just skip to bottom and buy the SanDisk Extreme 80 or 45s for better results.
- The 55-250 Bundled is the older II version. The new STM version would be worth your money if you plan to do video with the lens. In fairness Amazon is still bundling this lens too. At this time the 55-250 STM (my review coming soon) needs to be bought separately.
On Amazon you can get the Canon 70D with 18-55 IS STM and the 55-250 for a savings of $105. Add in the 2% rewards and in 35 days you will get $27.88 to spend on a spare 70D Battery or put toward a good tripod. But more importantly those immediate savings need to be put toward an SD Card that WILL work well in your 70D.
- I recommend SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 80MB/s (Buy from Amazon)
- For a good camera bag for the 70D I recommend Lowepro SlingShot 102 AW or Case Logic SLRC-202 Medium SLR Camera Bag – I have more camera bag recommendations depending on your needs – just leave a comment below with the style you are looking for and I can provide some recommendations.
- As mentioned above the 55-250 bundled in BOTH the Amazon and Costco deals is the old non STM lens. The new STM lens will be MUCH better for your video work and better for photos too – image quality is improved. (Buy the Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM Lens for Canon from Amazon)
Support my work. Click this link to get the best deal on the Canon 70D on Amazon. B&H is also offering a better deal vs Costco on the 70D – Get the 70D with EXTRA battery, 16GB SD Card and Backpack for $1349.00. OR 18-135 STM for $1549.
Not sure if the 70D is the best camera for you? Leave a comment below -tell me how much photo vs video you plan to shoot and your subjects. I’d be happy to give you my thoughts. I would also like to ask you to take a second and like my Facebook Page Facebook.com/Digital.Photo.Recommendations. Thanks!
Want to be a better photographer? Become a Photorec.tv Member! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library the support group and more!
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.