My Review of the Sony a7RII after using for a month, what I love, What I hate and some thoughts if this is the camera for you.
This is a work in progress. . .
Support my work –
Buy the Sony a7R II from B&H Photo
I suggest you pick up the small but so sharp 35mm f/2.8 Lens – Buy from B&H Photo
Small tripod seen in video, used in Iceland: Pedco Ultralight Tripod
Alternative Cameras –
Taking the features that I love about the Sony –
- Excellent sensor with fantastic low light performance
- Articulating LCD
- Shoots 4k video that looks gorgeous
- In body image stabilization useful for hand-held video and low light photography
- Fast and accurate AF system
- Smaller and Lighter (Unless I am packing the adapter and my Canon glass)
As I said in the review – it is difficult to find another camera that does all of this so well but it is expensive and lenses are relatively expensive too* So if you are willing to sacrifice a feature or two I have some suggestions.
Nikon D750 (My review)
- Articulating Screen
- Very good Sony sensor inside
- Good video quality (not 4K though)
- Great price with lots of affordable Nikon lenses to choose from
- Additional Strength – Awesome battery life
Panasonic GH4 (My review)
- Articulating touch screen
- Excellent 4k video in good light
- Fantastic battery life
- Small and MFT lenses are tiny
Buy the Panasonic GH4 from B&H Photo for $1,397.99 ($100 instant savings)
Sony a7II (My Review)
- 1/2 the price of the Sony A7R II but still offers
- Excellent sensor
- In body image stabilization
- Big, bright viewfinder
- The grip and in hand-feel I like with the A7RII (the bodies are identical)
Buy the Sony a7II from B&H Photo for $1,698.00 ($100 instant savings)
Want to be a better photographer? Become a Photorec.tv Member! $5/Month gets you access to my Lightroom video library the support group and more!
Support this site - Shop for anything through the links below and I earn a small percentage - it costs you nothing extra.