They both weight about 2.5 lbs, fold down to 12.5" and have little ball heads. They also both have hooks under center column for hanging weight to increase stability. Neither tripod is extremely stable at it's very highest setting, something I am willing to sacrifice since the tripods fit in my camera bag so nicely.Tune in to tomorrow's MishMash Podcast for details on how you could win the Dolica Proline
Pros for the Dolica TX570B150SL Ultra Compact Tripod
- Reversible center column - close to ground macro shots
- Removable/replaceable head
- Three legs spread settings- MeFoto has two settings
- Taller - 57" versus 51" on the MeFoto
Pros for the MeFoto Travel Tripod Kit
- Excellent head - not removable but very well made with smooth panning and locks down tight.
- Comes in different colors?
- Built to last- I have used mine for 18 months now and everything is working like the day I bought it. No wear and tear.
Original Full MeFoto ReviewNote - MeFoto also offers the RoadTrip model for $189 that has a removable center column, also converts into a monopod - Buy from AmazonI am happy with my MeFoto and feel the extra money was well spent for as much as I use it. If just an occasional user you should consider the Dolica and save. If you don't need a travel or compact tripod consider the excellent budget tripod. Watch my review of the Dolica Proline Tripod.Support this site and my reviews- Buy the MeFoto Travel Tripod from Amazon | Buy the Dolica Ultra Compact Tripod from Amazon