I haven't talked about Samsung much lately- they seem to be producing quality cameras but not having received a single question about their cameras from any of my readers and viewers means I don't spend my limited time researching and reviewing cameras that no one is asking about. That might change with this latest release - it certainly has grabbed some headlines with 15FPS, 205 phase detect AF points, 153 of which are cross-type, covering 90% of the frame and the ability to record 4K video. Oh it has those current features - touchscreen and NFC/Wifi that help to make the 7D Mark II (before it is even officially released) look a little shabby. Of course Canon has a significantly greater lens selection and ecosystem but with this NX1 being packed full of features I am willing to bet more than a few photographers will make the "sacrifice." I will have a full review of this camera soon. Follow on Facebook, Youtube and my Newsletter to stay subscribed. Here are the photos and the full specs of the new Samsung NX1
- New 28MP Back Side Illuminated APS-C Sensor
- The NX AF System III on the NX1 is supported by 205 phase detect auto focus points
- NX1 can shoot at up to 15 FPS at full resolution
- Captures UHD/4k video to SD card or can output it via HDMI port
- OLED EVF has a lag time of 5ms, fast enough to be undetectable to the human eye.
- Incorporates the newest Wi-Fi standard, IEEE802.11ac
- The body is magnesium alloy; water and dust sealed.
The Samsung NX1 will be available mid-October for $1500. A kit with the Samsung 16-50mm f/2.8 and a vertical battery grip will also be available for $2800.Preorder The Samsung NX1 from Amazon | B&H Pairing nicely with the new NX1 is the just announced NX 50-150mm F2.8 OIS. A Weather-sealed, Image Stabilized (OIS) lens covering the equivalent range equivalent of 77-231mm on Samsung's APS-C NX cameras. The 50-150mm F2.8 OIS will sell for $1599.99.Pre Order the NX 50-150 f/2.8 OIS from B&HA few popular lenses from B&H that gives you an idea of the lens selectionB&H has a complete list of NX mount lenses