I have now been shooting with the Sony a7R Mark II (a7Rm2) for most of the day here in Iceland (today was the meet everyone, wander about town and get settled into the hotel day, tomorrow (Aug 7th) we head out for some seriously beautiful landscapes.See more images from the Sony a7R II
- AF is very good and improved over earlier Sony models
- AF with Metabones is also excellent though I have seen some confusion, just once actually in lower light- will be testing more.
- Image quality is excellent
- Feel in the hand is wonderful
- The control dials for aperture and shutter speed are smallish and I wish they were bigger and placed more prominently
- 4K video - looks good, I have just shot a few minutes of clips, more soon on this.
- Battery life is terrible, but you can use the camera while charging - so walking around with a USB battery attached to the camera looks silly but gives you much better battery life.
See more images from the Sony a7R IIIf you think you want one now. Put in a preorder now. B&H has over 1,000 preorders and only got a couple hundred in- most camera stores seem to be getting them in ones and twos.Order the Sony a7 R Mark II from B&H Photo VideoRecommended SD Card for Sony a7 R Mark II