Video review of the Metabones EF to E Mount Adapter used with Sony a7
Metabones EF to E Mount PROS:
- Auto focus, aperture control and full lens to camera communication for complete EXIF info
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- Lenses with image stabilization still work.
- Wide open button (opposite of depth-of-field preview function) makes manual focusing easy.
- Tripod mount
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
Metabones EF to E Mount CONS:
- Autofocus is slow and sometimes confused
- Cost is $399