Sony has announced a new camera in their mirror-less line up, the a5100. I loved the a6000 (watch my video review of the a6000 here) and this camera takes the same sensor and focusing system and crams it into a smaller and lighter body that includes a touchscreen. Honestly I haven't always been a fan of Sony's cameras but this line (a5000, a6000 and now a5100) that has now replaced the NEX series offers excellent image quality, performance and feature set. Headline features of the Sony a5100
- Fast focus with 179 AF points
- 6 FPS with focus (Sony a6000 offers 11FPS)
- 24MP APS-C sensor (many mirrorless cameras are using a smaller sensor, 4/3, and in low light the Sony offers noticeable better images)
- Easy Wifi Connectivity - In all my testing the Sonys still offers some of the best wifi sharing
- Full HD 1080/24/60P video up to 50MB/s - The a6000 is limited to 28MB/s video
- Small and Lightweight package- 2oz lighter than the a6000 and a little smaller! I was shocked at how lightweight the a6000 was and the a5100 is smaller and a little lighter.
- TOUCHSCREEN - One of my complaints regarding the a6000 was no touchscreen.