Toby's back this week, so PEN members, you get a live show! While he was supposed to take a day off Toby and co are back at it this week, hitting the ground running. This week we've got Instagram Scheduling and hopefully a MAJOR update to Lightroom performance.While Toby does the Live Show for PEN this is your quick peek at what we're doing behind the scenes, this week's news, our Instagram challenge top picks, and more. Join the Photo Enthusiast Network and watch Toby live, you can find out more at Photorec.tv/pen.
This Week at Photorec.tv
- PEN - Image Review #2 Review Coming Soon - For those in PEN we've started up peer reviews and PPA level reviews for those wanting their photo critiqued a bit more. Our first video on the higher level PPA critiques is coming out soon.
- How-to: Photograph the Milky Way - With summer coming it's about time for the Milky Way to make an appearance. Check out this new video by Toby on how to shoot it for the best photos possible.
Around the Web
We can't cover everything photography news related but we try. For everything else, we've got the best news articles from around the web.Instagram to Finally Allow Users to Schedule PostsDirect posting and scheduling to Instagram is now possible. Unlike Later.com that used a middleman approach, sending a photo and text to your phone, this posts directly onto Instagram saving some time. Check it out at Hootsuite or Sprout Social, for now, other scheduling services may see the same update soon. Albeit hopefully this doesn't mean an increase in bots as well.Why Being Socially Awkward Can Make You a Better PhotographerKnowing who and how you are can help with your photo skills. Play to your strengths with this article by Fstoppers.Adobe is preparing a major Lightroom Classic performance update, and we got to try itAdobe knows their software is sluggish, with an update coming soon for computers with multiple cores and 12GB+ of RAM your soon to see an upgrade. A faster library, develop, and export all around should make your workflow a bit faster. Especially with a speedy machine.Other Stories You Might Like:
- The Canon EOS 90D is Coming Later in 2018
- This Guy Built an Ultimate Lightroom Battlestation for $6,000
- Sometimes You Get a Lens Because of the Ones You Love
- I Named These Puppies Click, Bokeh, Nikon, Sensor, Skrim, and Gobo
- Nikon sends the astrophotography-friendly D810A into a black hole
- 3 Bad Habits You Need to Break to Improve Your Photography
- Zion National Park Will Allow Tripods on Some Trails After All
- New Canon DSLR camera leaked in recent FCC filing
- Newlyweds Have Wedding Photos Taken in Front of Erupting Volcano
- Copyright Registration Law Set to Change, Could Cost Photographers Significantly More
- Tested Sony A7rIII at -10 degree Celsius in the snow on the Dolomites.
- This Photo of an Icy Niagara Falls Looks like It’s of a Different Planet
- The 13-Year-Old Award-Winning Wildlife Photographer
Featured Photos Weekly Challenge
This Week’s Challenge: #PRTV_culture
Challenge was a great opportunity to try something new with Toby's trip in Vietnam. Whether you went with a bit of pop culture or something from your hometown it's a bit of life through a different lens.Next Week's Challenge: #PRTV_textCapture some text, or things that look like it at least, for this week's challenge. Something a bit different but capturing words as your subject, or adding to it, can really add to a story for your photo.
A great shot by Maxence with the busy energy of a city and graffiti that makes up an area.
A common memorial for surfer culture really fits to a T for this week's challenge.
A bit of local food fits the theme for this week, Eileen has a fitting caption “Food is very representative of a city’s culture. In order to really get to know the place and the people, you’ve got to eat the food “ ~ Emeril Lagasse.
For more info, the schedule, and past top picks go check out photorec.tv/prtv. Try out some of Toby's Instagram Tips. For everything else Instagram, tag those shots #PRTV and #penlive for our daily photo features.
Photos from Space
The Super Blue Blood Moon: Pictures From an Astronomical Hat TrickIf you've been following the news last night was the Super Blue Blood Moon. The New York Times put together this gallery of the world waiting, watching, and of course taking photos.Pick up a "Major Tom" spaceman LED light for your computer today. Part of Toby's Photos from space segment and it helps support the site. Click here to buy your own Major Tom on Amazon.Want to keep up with things happening this year? Sync your calendar with the solar system
That's all folks! We'll be back next week with even more of your photo news and a live show. If you guy's like the highlights leave us comments on the social media posts and we'll keep this going!