[gallery td_select_gallery_slide="slide" ids="16903,16904,16905,16906,16907,16908,16909,16910,16911,16912,16913,16914"]Panasonic has just announced the Panasonic G9, Similar in size and weight to their excellent GH5 camera but unlike the GH5 strength in video. This G9 is tuned for those that want the best still shooting experience in Panasonic's lineup. On paper, it's a great redesign stealing some of the best parts of the GH5.Lumix's new flagship has quite the specs:
- No Low-pass filter for a boost in sharpness
- The same 20.3MP sensor in the GH5 with a maximum 80MP high res photo mode thanks to sensor shifting like the Sony a7Riii.
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization, 6.5 stops for sharp shots on the move
- 4K video at 60p (10 minutes only), including a 180fps full HD slow-motion mode
- 60 FPS via Electronic Shutter or 20 FPS mechanical
- "World's Fastest AF" tracking speed of 0.04 seconds with its 225 AF points. Just a touch faster than the GH5's 0.05 for fast-tracking and smooth.
- Face/Eye Recognition, Tracking AF, 1-area AF, and Pinpoint AF
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with BLE, Bluetooth low energy for full-time connection to a smartphone
- Massive 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder [LVF] with 120 fps refresh rate, 0.83X magnification, and blackout free 100% field of view.
- Dual SD card slots
- Redesigned body with a Thumb-operated AF joystick and top LCD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaGbeHx9HGUhttps://youtu.be/9CxVkl-fL3YThis flagship is a killer camera! It will be available starting in February for $1,700. With a big shift to stills in this model, the Panasonic G9 has some impressive specs. We'll have Toby up for a review soon when he can get a copy.