Some post review thoughts. The Sony a7RIII got reviewed a bit ago, but since then it's been on trips around the world with Toby. Currently, in Vietnam, his takes a ton of use over the course of the tours with McKay Live meaning a ton of real-world use lately. So we've got the good, the bad, and the ugly of the new Sony everyone is hot to pick up.
The Young Innovators (YI) Camera is a micro 4/3rds camera using a Sony sensor- The quality of the images is quite good but the performance of the camera, especially the autofocus is poor. I do not recommend you buy this camera.https://youtu.be/m-LcAE_Pk8w
[gallery td_select_gallery_slide="slide" ids="16903,16904,16905,16906,16907,16908,16909,16910,16911,16912,16913,16914"]Panasonic has just announced the Panasonic G9, Similar in size and weight to their excellent GH5 camera but unlike the GH5 strength in video. This G9 is tuned for those that want the best still shooting experience in Panasonic's lineup. On paper, it's a great redesign stealing some of the best parts of the GH5.Lumix's new flagship has quite the specs:
- No Low-pass filter for a boost in sharpness
- The same 20.3MP sensor in the GH5 with a maximum 80MP high res photo mode thanks to sensor shifting like the Sony a7Riii.
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization, 6.5 stops for sharp shots on the move
- 4K video at 60p (10 minutes only), including a 180fps full HD slow-motion mode
- 60 FPS via Electronic Shutter or 20 FPS mechanical
- "World's Fastest AF" tracking speed of 0.04 seconds with its 225 AF points. Just a touch faster than the GH5's 0.05 for fast-tracking and smooth.
- Face/Eye Recognition, Tracking AF, 1-area AF, and Pinpoint AF
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with BLE, Bluetooth low energy for full-time connection to a smartphone
- Massive 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder [LVF] with 120 fps refresh rate, 0.83X magnification, and blackout free 100% field of view.
- Dual SD card slots
- Redesigned body with a Thumb-operated AF joystick and top LCD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaGbeHx9HGUhttps://youtu.be/9CxVkl-fL3YThis flagship is a killer camera! It will be available starting in February for $1,700. With a big shift to stills in this model, the Panasonic G9 has some impressive specs. We'll have Toby up for a review soon when he can get a copy.
Preorder Now! The G9 will be released February 15, 2018.
Big sales for Sony today with new rebates and freebies you NEED to check out! Get Toby's great Sony a7R II, the camera that takes a lot of those travel shots, for cheap. Even if you are just starting out they've even got deals on the Sony a5100 and a6300. It's worth your time to look if you want to upgrade or have thought about making that switch to Sony.
Save $300.00 Instantly
Save $500.00 Instantly
Save $70.00 Instantly
- Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens Kit
- Sony Alpha a7S II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens Kit
The classic Polaroid photos of the past have returned with the Polaroid Pop. A 20MP digital camera with 1080P video and an instant mobile printer. Including a 3.97-inch touchscreen with the option to fix photos and use filters before printing. The ZINK printer like the Polaroid Snap uses heat to activate ink on the prints making your standard looking Polaroid in under a minute.As a bonus, it also connects via WiFi or Bluetooth to act as a mobile printer for your smartphone. If you wanted, technically using your DSLR's mobile connection you could print from your camera to this one on the go!The Polaroid Pop will be available around Christmas time in a variety of colors for $200, 10 Zink prints will be $10.
Polaroid Introduces the New Polaroid Pop Instant Digital Camera andPolaroid Hoop Wireless Home Camera
On Display at IFA 2017, Polaroid’s Newest Innovations Offer a Modern Take on the PolaroidInstant Digital Camera and Peace-of-Mind for Simplified Home Security
NEW YORK, August 30, 2017 – The Polaroid brand today announced the release of its newestinnovations in photo and home security taking over the holiday season - the Polaroid Popinstant digital camera and Polaroid Hoop wireless home camera. The Polaroid Pop combines asleek, modern design and digital technology with 3.5x4.25” border prints. The Polaroid Hoophome security camera stays true to the Polaroid brand DNA elements, including simplicity,elegant design and the mission to make new and exciting technologies accessible to theeveryday consumer.
“The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera and Polaroid Hoop home security camera initiallydebuted at CES 2017 to much fanfare,” said Scott W. Hardy, President and CEO of Polaroid.“We’re excited to have these products on display at IFA and showcase them to the Europeanmarket. For 80 years, Polaroid has been committed to providing consumers with the latestimaging technology that enables them to easily share their lives. The Polaroid Pop and PolaroidHoop offer modern takes on this idea for every aspect of consumers’ lives.”
Polaroid Pop Instant Digital CameraAs the all-in-one solution for capturing and sharing images on-the-go, the Polaroid Pop instantdigital camera enables users to shoot and instantly print full color photos as 3.5x4.25” Polaroidborder prints. Edit and enhance photos before printing with creative filters, digital stickers and adraw feature that gives the ability to write or draw at the bottom of the photo. The Polaroid Popquickly and easily connects to a mobile device using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, allowing users to savephotos taken with the camera as well as print photos saved on a mobile device.
The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera will have a MSRP of $199.99; a 10-pack paper will havea MSRP of $9.99. Additional features include:
● MicroSD card slot to support up to 128GB of storage● 3.97-inch touchscreen LCD for framing shots and navigating the camera’s menu● 20-megapixel CMOS sensor● Built-in dual LED flash for high quality images, image stabilization● 1080p full HD video recording capability
The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera uses the revolutionary ink-free Zero Ink® Printingtechnology developed by ZINK. The ZINK-enabled printer uses heat to activate and colorizecyan, yellow and magenta dye crystals embedded in the paper. The result is full-color, highquality, long-lasting and smudge-proof images without ink cartridges, ribbons or toner. The3.5x4.25” photo prints in just under a minute so consumers can instantly share the photo withfriends and family.
Polaroid Hoop Home Security CameraThe Polaroid Hoop home security camera offers 1080p high-definition video resolution and a140-degree lens with a wide-angle view to maximize coverage. The Polaroid Hoop is simple toset up with an easy-to-use app available for Android and iOS. The Polaroid Hoop will have aMSRP of $179.99 for the indoor camera and $199.99 for the outdoor camera.
● Stylish and Sleek - The affixed base of the Polaroid Hoop home security camera can beplaced on a shelf or table or be easily mounted to a wall or ceiling.● Indoor or Outdoor - The camera is available in two models, indoor and outdoor, with aweatherproof construction on the outdoor version to withstand the elements.● Grouping - Users can install several throughout their home and monitor and accessfootage from one app. Cameras are grouped together and labelled to easily capture andidentify events in specific areas of the home, or schedule recordings in a particular area.The primary account holder can assign, manage and share access to specific cameraswith friends and family.● Intelligent Monitoring and Alerts - The Polaroid Hoop offers advanced monitoringcapabilities that detect events and automatically alert the user via the app and pushnotifications. Users can set specific zones and only trigger an alert should anythingchange within that area of the frame. The Polaroid Hoop also leverages a proprietaryalgorithm that over time can learn to distinguish between normal daily events and thosethat occur unplanned.● Storage - When the camera detects an event, it automatically records the footage for theduration of the event and sends a push notification to the user’s smartphone to view thefile locally on an optional microSD card or store in the cloud for up to seven days for free.
The Polaroid Pop instant digital camera and Polaroid Hoop home security camera weredesigned in partnership with renowned design firm, Ammunition, the studio that was also behindthe Polaroid Zip instant photoprinter, Polaroid Snap line of instant digital cameras and PolaroidCube and Polaroid Cube+ lifestyle action cameras. Led by industrial designer Robert Brunner,Ammunition has partnered with award-winning consumer brands including Adobe, Beats by Dre,Square, Lyft and Williams-Sonoma.
Offered by C+A Global, an authorized Polaroid licensee, the Polaroid Pop instant digital cameraand Polaroid Hoop home security camera will be available at retailers throughout the UnitedStates starting in October 2017. Both products will also be on display at IFA 2017 in Berlin,Germany, September 1-6 in hall 11.1 booth #130. To learn more, please visit polaroid.com
About PolaroidPolaroid is one of the world’s most trusted, respected and recognizable brands, with a rich80-year history built primarily on Polaroid instant cameras and film. The company’s completerange of products was designed to deliver the fun, instant gratification and creative freedom forwhich the brand has long stood. Today, the Polaroid Classic Border Logo, rooted in the instantphoto sharing that Polaroid pioneered, is the mark of genuine Polaroid branded products. Formore information, visit Polaroid.com.
Polaroid, Polaroid & Pixel, Polaroid Color Spectrum, Polaroid Pop, Polaroid Hoop, PolaroidCube, Polaroid Zip, Polaroid Snap and Polaroid Classic Border Logo are trademarks of PLR IPHoldings, LLC, used under license.
https://youtu.be/UWWsvoKWQAk I just finished a fantastic trip in exploring the coast and islands of Southern Croatia. Beautiful country, friendly people. My goal on this trip was to produce video first and photos second. With video being my primary goal I am calling this the
Videography Travel Bag
Bags & Holster
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Mindshift Gear - Backlight 26LAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Camera Holster - Spider Backpacker KitAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Secondary Bag - Multi-Mount Holster 30Amazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Panasonic GH5Amazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Lumix 12-60 f/2.8-4 LensAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Lumix 42.5mm f/1.7 LensAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Lumix 45-200 f/4.0-5.6 LensAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5 lensAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Rode Video Micro ProAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Sony RX1R IIAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]DJI Mavic Pro - Fly More SystemAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Hoya Circular Polarizers for each lensB&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Hoya ND Filters 0.3 for each lensB&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]MeFoto Carbon Fiber Road TripAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="3/4"]Olympus TG Tracker WP CameraAmazon | B&H[/vc_column][/vc_row]
When Nikon announced their next entry level DSLR in November the Nikon D5600 was dropped with its specs but no details on price or when it was coming to the US. This week at CES they announced it’s coming soon, this month in fact. Coming in multiple kits, the Nikon D5600 will be released this month with the AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G lens for $799, with the AF-S 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G lens for $1199, with the 18-55 and AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G lenses for $1149, and body only for $699. Actually $100 less than the D5500 when it was announced last year.
- Upgraded Touchscreen features such as cropping and frame advance
- Nikon Snapbridge though WiFI, Bluetooth, and NFC allowing for things such as automatic image transfer, time sync, location info, remote control, and more
- In-Camera Time-Lapse movie function brought from the higher end models
Available For Pre-Order at
|Nikon D5600 with18-140mm Lens||Nikon D5600 with18-55mm Lens||Nikon D5600 with18-55mm and 70-300mm Lenses||Nikon D5600(Body Only)|
- APS-C 24.2 MP CMOS Sensor
- Expeed 4 Image Processor
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- 25,600 max ISO
- Removed low-pass filter
- 39-point AF System
- 3.2” articulating touchscreen
- 1080p Video at 60fps
- Snapbridge using Bluetooth, WiFi, and NFC
- Time-Lapse Movie Recording
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 4.9 x 3.8 x 2.8" / 124.0 x 97.0 x 70.0 mm
- Weight 1.02 lb / 465 g
I am hard at working finishing up my review of the Canon T6s and sharing thoughts on how it compares to the earlier rebels, Canon T3i, T4i/T5i, the higher end 70D, Nikons D5300/D5500 and mirrorless cameras like the Sony a6000. My full video review will be out this week. Subscribe to my podcast feed and you can hear the audio of the review now.