All the Reasons Why you Should get the 80D instead of the 77D (80D vs 77D)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG935usQTy0
- The 80D is a larger camera that feels nicer in hand for most people and balances better with some longer lenses
- Bigger battery, almost a 1,000 shots per charge - almost double what you get with the 77D
- 80D offers a pentaprism viewfinder vs the 77Ds pentamirror this means a bigger brighter view of the world, especially helpful in shooting in lower light.
- 80D offers larger rear dial, slots to assign custom settings on the mode dial and a dedicated AF-On button
- 80D has a headphone jack
- 80D is weather sealed.
- 80D offers a faster top shutter speed of 1/8000 of a second vs 1/4000 on the 77D - This isn’t about photographing hummingbirds - this is about being able to shoot with fast prime lens outside - being able to go above 1/4000 makes it easier. Will you need this? Do you plan to do portraiture with fast primes outside?
- On the 80D You can also adjust ISO at 1/3 increments vs 1/2 stops on the 77D
- 80D offers Micro Adjust autofocus - this allows you to calibrate your camera to the lenses you are shooting with to get the most accurate focus and sharpest images
- 80D shoots +7 fps vs 6fps in the 77D - it’s a small distinction but one that could make the difference in catching the perfect moment when shooting faster action like sports.
To be fair there are a few reasons you may want to buy the 77D
- 77D(9000D) comes in a smaller, lighter body that you can purchase at a cheaper price
- 77D(9000D) offers an updated interface that beginners might find useful
- 77D(9000D) offers electronic stabilization for video - honestly I am not terribly excited about this method of stabilization it is just OK and certainly doesn’t smooth out larger movements like the stabilization offered by Sony, Olympus and Panasonic AND only works during video.
|Spec||Canon 80D||Canon 77D (9000D)|
|ISO||100-16,000||100-25600 (expands to 51200)|
|Processor||Digic 6||Digic 7|
|Number of AF pts||45 (all cross type)||45 (all cross type)|
|Viewfinder||100% pentaprism||95% pentamirror|
|Live View AF speed||Excellent||Excellent|
|Top Shutter Speed||1/8000||1/4000|
|Flash Sync Speed||1/250||1/200|
|FPS||7 (live view 5 with AF)||6|
|Low Light focusing||-3 EV (very good)||-3 EV (very good)|
|Battery Life||960 shots||600 shots|
|Weight||730g (1.61 lb / 25.75 oz)||540 g (1.19 lb / 19.05 oz)|
|Current Price||$1499 with 18-135 | $1099 Body||$1499 with 18-135 | $899 Body|
18-55mm F/4-5.6IS STM lens
BR-E1 WirelessRemote Control